Saturday, May 8, 2010

Junior's Cheesecake


My husband is a New York Style Cheesecake buff. If we go to the cheesecake factory he will only order the plain cheesecake every time. I have made a fair amount of cheesecake being the amateur cook I am, some have been excellent and some have been a bitter disappointment.
In January my husband watched a segment on the food network and then advised me to buy a Junior's Cheesecake Cookbook. After researching it a bit I discovered I would need an 8-9" Spring form pan to make the cheesecake that had been featured and caught my husband's interest. I ordered the pan and cookbook online and they arrived about a week before Valentines Day. Guess what I made my husband for Valentine's Day. The best cheesecake there has ever been! Junior's Cheesecake is smooth and light and rich and beyond delicious. It was by far the best cheesecake I have ever had the pleasure of eating and it needed no topping. There is a slightly lemony sponge cake for a crust instead of graham crackers and the cheesecake is wrapped in foil and steamed in the oven and then cools overnight. I cut the cake and froze half of it, because I knew we'd either eat the whole thing, or we would leave most of it to go to waste and neither scenario would be healthy. We ate half of that cheesecake in 2-3 days and then defrosted the other half (which kept perfectly when I followed the storing directions given in the book.) about two weeks later and finished it off.
Thank you Junior's Cheesecake for sharing your delectable secrets!
Dear Reader, if you ever by any cookbook in your life, buy this book and make this cheesecake yourself, it's worth every penny and all the effort! You will be the new Cheesecake Queen my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment