Friday, May 14, 2010

How about some Chocolate Cake!

My sister-in-law's birthday was last month and I volunteered to make her cake. She loves chocolate so I tried making Julia's Le Marquis (Chocolate Spongecake.) It was not the best chocolate cake I ever had so I ended up buying and making a chocoalate cake mix last minute. The ganache from Julia's Kitchen Wisdom is super dark chocolate, and I over overcooked the spongecake so it was too dry and tuff. *sigh* It's probably a good cake when someone makes it right. Oh well, you win some, you loose some. The Betty Crocker Chocolate cake mix turned out moist and soft and decadent with Pillsbury Fudge Frosting on it. A ready mix saved the night!
Pity my Le Marquis was literally a bitter disappointment; although, it does look pretty don't you think?
The chocolate spongecake is levened with egg whites so I imagine if made right this cake would be light and fluffy. I will have to try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment